This company is a scale-up tackling a major problem in our energy transition: energy storage. There are many ways to raise sustainable energy from solar and wind throughout the world, but storing this instead of supplying it to the grid is a challenge. By combining battery systems from electric vehicles that otherwise would’ve had to be rejected, this company is making energy storage on an industrial scale, and they do it all in-house. Being in this industry is reflected in their growth, more than doubling revenues year-over-year, only being slowed down by their capacity to keep up with orders. Now we just need someone to help streamline the development and ensure their growth continues sustainably.
About your new role as Software Engineering Manager
As the Software Engineering Manager, you’ll be responsible for developing the software run on the systems created. You’ll work together with experts in their respective fields in charge of making sure the plans are developed timely and correctly for their specific applications. You will be in charge of designing the development plans, implementing agile working principles suited for the teams, and stepping in and helping wherever necessary.
It’s important to be able to keep an overview, and practical hands-on learning is key. You have the opportunity to understand better products and customer needs by on-site visit, which might also mean on-site problem solving, so it is essential that you will learn and fully understand the product capabilities. It is possible to solve problems creatively with your team, currently consisting of 3 software engineers and a database expert. You’ll have the opportunity to increase the team as per the needs.
The tasks and responsibilities for this role:
Lead the software team to deliver on-time and quality software applications and features.
Create software roadmaps
Structurization and documentation of the software development process
Help determine where the team needs extra capacity
Where possible, develop, test and debug of infrastructure, features, and applications or conduct database and server maintenance.
● Coding and programming are part of your life, and you thoroughly understand multiple technologies
● You have experience leading the software development process in a role like Lead Software Engineer or Software Engineering Manager
● You’re able to learn from mistakes and translate those learnings into solutions for the software which the products rely on
● You’re experienced in either software in combination with database management or combining hardware with software
● Experience and knowledge in the energy field are a plus
What will you get in return?
● The opportunity to work on technologies shaping our future
● An innovative international environment with colleagues from across the globe
● Attractive financial compensation
● Competitive package of benefits tailored to your competencies and experience as Lead Software or Software Engineering Manager
● Friday afternoon team workouts with a personal trainer