This company is a scale-up tackling a major problem in our energy transition: energy storage. There are many ways to raise sustainable energy from solar and wind throughout the world, but storing this instead of supplying it to the grid is a challenge. By combining battery systems from electric vehicles that otherwise would’ve had to be rejected, this company is making energy storage on an industrial scale, and they do it all in-house. Being in this industry is reflected in their growth, more than doubling revenues year-over-year, only being slowed down by their capacity to keep up with orders. Now your new team just needs someone to help streamline the development and ensure their growth continues sustainably. This means your work will have a huge and visible impact on your team and your employer’s growth. You will become indispensable in the growth and success of your new employer.
About your new role as a Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be responsible for developing the monitoring software and deploying the software. You’ll work together with experts in their respective fields in charge of making sure the plans are developed timely and correctly for their specific applications. Together with your manager you will be in charge of designing the development plans, implementing agile working principles suited for the teams, setting the first references for the development culture that your new employer will work with in the future. This means you are responsible for the lasting impact for years to come.
It’s important to be able to keep an overview, and practical hands-on learning is key. Ideally you also have experience on (PostgreSQL) databases, both as user and administrator, and you can manage the database as well as replications. You will be solving problems creatively with your team, currently consisting of your manager, a well seasoned professional and a great people manager, and 3 external engineers.
The tasks and responsibilities for this role:
Set the development principles and culture that this company will work in in the future;
Create and maintain applications focussed on the monitoring of the machinery;
Structurization and documentation of the software development process;
Help determine where the team needs extra capacity;
Develop, test and debug infrastructure, features, and applications or conduct database and server maintenance.
● Coding and programming are part of your life, and you thoroughly understand multiple technologies;
● You have relevant professional experience in at least 1 back-end programming language, for example Python, Java, .NET or GoLang and have deployed at least one application to the cloud or an embedded system;
● You’re able to learn from mistakes and translate those learnings into solutions for the software which the products rely on;
● You’re experienced in software in combination with database management;
● Experience and knowledge in the energy or industrial engineer fields is a plus.
What will you get in return?
● The opportunity to work on technologies shaping our future;
● An innovative international environment with colleagues from across the globe;
● Attractive financial compensation;
● Competitive package of benefits tailored to your competencies and experience as a Software Engineer;
● Friday afternoon team workouts with a personal trainer.