This circular tech start-up in energy storage systems is located in the heart of the Gelderland energy region, near Arnhem in Duiven. In 2016, this sustainable tech company was founded by two brothers who saw a revolution in the sustainable energy transition. They came up with a way to develop energy storage systems built from old batteries that would otherwise be rejected. In the following years, great progresses were made; this sustainable company was awarded an Innovation Award, began hiring its first people and signed the first contracts with major manufacturers. Right now they are on the verge of a very big growth. The revenue has doubled tenfold from last year to this year and are expected to be around 30 million euros by 2023. This company has become an expert in recognizing valuable waste and responding to the growing demand for energy storage. The explosive growth of electric vehicles is also having a gigantic, positive impact on their own growth. This unique growth in sales and success means that the young, ambitious and highly motivated team, which is committed to high quality, will grow from 10 FTEs to 25 FTEs in the coming year, and you are badly needed as a Software Architect!
About your new role as a Software Engineer
In this position you will be the lead responsible for one of the key items of the company products: Software. As a software architect you will be in charge of designing, coding and delivering software applications as well as its different features in collaboration with a team of 5 software engineers, each focusing on different applications. The applications and features you develop will be directly used by our customers which rely on our systems for their different energy requirements and applications.
On this position, practical and hands-on learning are key, you will have the opportunity to understand our products by on-site visits to our customers which at the same time requires on-site quick problem solving. As a consequence, fully understanding our product capabilities and customer needs is a vital part of the process.
As a software architect you are responsible (with help of the software team) for building a proper infrastructure to ensure the correct functioning of our software. The infrastructure involves software development for new applications and bug fixing, creation and maintenance of databases, server management, Modbus communication, software security among others.
The tasks and responsibilities of the software engineer:
Lead the software team to deliver on-time and quality software applications and features.
Develop, test and debugging of software infrastructure, features and applications.
Database and server maintenance.
Independent planning and work prioritization.
Structurization and documentation of software development process.
Create software roadmaps.
Who are you?
● 3+ years of proven experience in software development and software architecture, in a role such as Software Engineer, Software Architect, Software Consultant or Software Developer
● At least a completed HBO level education in computer sciences, software engineering, information technology or related programs.
● Experience and knowledge on energy field is a plus.
● Proficient in multiple code languages such as python, LabVIEW, php and others.
● Experience with database and server management, as well as software security and IT knowledge.
● Fluent in English both speaking and writing. Dutch is an advantage.
What do you get in return?
● Direct contract with the company, no middle parties.
● Attractive financial compensation.
● A competitive package of employment benefits that is tailored to your competencies and experience.
● Friday afternoon team workout under the guidance of a personal trainer.