● Would you like to be a part of revolutionizing the way data is utilized through developing a state of the art platform?
● Are you passionate about cloud, big data, and distributed systems?
● Are you never done learning and eager to adapt to new technologies?
● Would you like to be working in an international and diverse team with highly ambitious colleagues who like to get together each Friday to share knowledge and participate in a little ping-pong action?
Keep on reading to learn more about your next challenge as Platform Engineer!
Your new employer is a fast-developing technology company that has become indispensable within Telecom, which means your impact could be very big. Whereas digitalization can be a buzzword at some companies, your new employer has been at it for a century and a half. Your new employer is all about connecting, from young to old and from Groningen to Limburg. As a result, the social impact of your new employer, team, and your work as a Data Engineer is very high and involves much responsibility. The future of the Netherlands, digital connection, opportunities, and security are something you will be working on every day. To put your money where your mouth is, your new employer will organize initiatives to connect lonely people, for example, by reconnecting long-term sick children with their classmates. As an analyst, would you rather see data? This company won Favourite Employer within its field several times, a Diversity Award in 2021, and has written a very strong Code of Conduct and Human Rights policy which is audited annually.
About your new team:
Your team of highly ambitious people who love to learn new things is located in Amsterdam. On Fridays, you’ll get together with your team of around 60 people for a demo, a game of ping-pong, or a little dancing around the jukebox.
Your new and international team consists of highly ambitious people who are characterized by being team-minded, able to adapt to new technologies quickly, transparent, and eager to learn new things and develop themselves.
About your new role as Platform Engineer
As a Platform Data Engineer, you will focus on developing the streaming data platform for your new employer. Currently they are working on becoming the biggest in the field of streaming data, rolling out the platform in any sector using data. As the importance of data is growing, working on a platform revolutionizing the way companies can utilize data has huge potential. You will have a leading role in this innovative world and will be working on designing, building and testing some of the services – as well as extending existing services.
As a Platform Data Engineer you’ll be working in a dynamic agile team, focussing on the data platforms. As the team is diverse and prioritizes having fun, it’d be great if you love sharing your knowledge and passion about the cutting edge technologies you work with. Together you’ll work on a vision, build the product from the ground up, and revolutionize the way data is utilized on a daily basis. It’s because of the platform you build that sports teams across Europe perform better, logistics run smoother and traffic is safer.
Who are you?
● You are passionate about cloud, big data, and distributed systems;
● You are never done learning, and are eager to adapt to new technologies;
● You have at least 5 years of experience in a role such as Data Platform Engineer, Data Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Platform Engineer or Cloud Engineer;
● You have experience with tooling such as Scala, Rust, Kafka, Kubernetes, Python, Go, Scala, CI/CD, Flink, Storm, Cloud Platforms like AWS or Azure;
● You have knowledge of computer networking, such as TCP/IP, Firewalls, DNS, SSL;
● You have understanding of Operating System concepts like Unix and Linux;
● You have basic understanding of database systems like SQL or NoSQL.
What's in it for you?
● Salary up to 90k a year max (OTE based on 40 hours);